I have always been someone interested in building and designing. And when 3D printers came along I knew there was an opportunity there to revolutionize terrarium design. Prior to their availability I spent quite a bit of time making terrariums with 1/8″ or 1/4″ glass and silicone. I’d test different ways to build doors that limited fruit flies escaping into the house and infesting our kitchen.
As 3D printers started becoming something new to invest in, I soon developed large systems for printing kits. However these systems didn’t always work right and the printing systems were imperfect, making more that were broken than worked. Over time I tested different design and methods until I settled on the current version that offered a mesh screen over ventilation openings and ports for additional tools like misting assemblies and air circulation systems.